Railroad Forums 

• Morristown & Erie Passenger Fleet/Operations

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#103310  by jhdeasy

KITCHI GAMMI CLUB, MOUNT VERNON and ALEXANDER HAMILTON spent the past few days parked at Grand Central Terminal ... they were leased for a stationary marketing event (product intro for Playstation Portable) held onboard the cars while parked on track 34 at GCT.

Whippany - Morristown - Hudson Tower - MMC - Sunnyside Yard - SHELL - GCT ... and return.

#154322  by jhdeasy

Private car MOUNT VERNON is back at the MMC after another cross-country trip ... expect M&E to move it from NJ Transit MMC to Morristown on Friday August 5th.

#191456  by Tri-State Tom

As of 12:30 pm today, Alco #18, Parlor car Alexander Hamilton and 2 low-door Comet I's ( one of which was #1730 ) on the hill in Morristown.

Looks like a charter set-up about to depart but not sure....maybe just returned from a run.

#191520  by njt4172

Tri-State Tom wrote:As of 12:30 pm today, Alco #18, Parlor car Alexander Hamilton and 2 low-door Comet I's ( one of which was #1730 ) on the hill in Morristown.

Looks like a charter set-up about to depart but not sure....maybe just returned from a run.
Tom,

I'm thinking NJT finally released some of the Comet I's to M&E??? Goody!

Steve

#191529  by Tri-State Tom

Steve -

Does the Hamilton have it's own HEP unit ? Appeared so as I think the 2 Comet's were under power via a hook-up....

#191550  by Sandy Burton

These cars are for this weekend's Santa trains out of Whippany. The M&E usually "borrows" a couple of Comet cars for these trips.

Sandy

#191620  by joe k

"borrow"............. I thought the museum "rented" the each car from NJT ??

#191636  by RS115

Around 1:00 M&E 18, the Alexander Hamilton, 2 Comet 1's, F-40 265 (for HEP) went east from Morristown with 2 tankers of corn syrup on the rear end. I assume they went to Whippany dropped the passenger consist and the F-40 and continued on to Roseland. I didn't hear them come back west with 18 but I was not always on that side of the building in the afternoon. (A winter perk is I can see the train through the trees as they cross Eden Lane from my office window.) They may well have tied everything down in Whippany for the night. I am also curious whether they add any equipment from the Whippany fleet for the museum trains - 2 coaches and an extra fare car is pretty light for this popular event.

In the passing siding at Morristown, the C-425, an RS-11 (couldn't see the number) and the 'new' ex-Amtrak SW. 20 was at Morristown shut down, no other locos visible outside.

#191778  by Sirsonic

The two NJT cars have not yet been released and will be returned to NJT.