Railroad Forums 

• Great Looking track

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#292518  by Rail Liner

M&E Has Done even more work on the Wippany line. The line is more straight and track more shiney then ever before. I saw a caboose train wich seemed to be going faster then normal.

#293202  by denvillerailfan

Work is now continuing North, past Eisenhower Prkwy.
RRCC had behind QuikCheck torn up recently.

Had the roadbed ripped up wide enough fo rtwo tracks... Runnaround??? Dunno.

Wanted to get out to see more, but it has been too busy lately. :-(

#293788  by blockline4180

denvillerailfan wrote:Work is now continuing North, past Eisenhower Prkwy.
RRCC had behind QuikCheck torn up recently.

Had the roadbed ripped up wide enough fo rtwo tracks... Runnaround??? Dunno.

Wanted to get out to see more, but it has been too busy lately. :-(
Jeff,

If you can keep us updated we would greatly appreciate it! I'm assuming they will refurbish the tracks all the way down to B&G.

#293827  by Rail Liner

I though I would like to mention that I have ties to M&E as I am helping out on occasion with wippany service. It can be hard watching them during the week though with 8 grade and all that go's with that.

#294301  by B_A_R

Don't know why the M&E replaced that track to B&G. The rail was only 93 years old!

Also, was the work to upgrade the Livingston trestle paid for with Homeland Security money? I figured that because the trestle is needed to reach the power substation (a 'vital asset').

#294362  by joe k

WILL ANY CHANGES BE MADE TO THE BRIDGE OVER EAGLE ROCK AVE.
WITH THIS UPGRADE?

#294425  by Rail Liner

I belive they already did work on one of the small bridges

#294599  by joe k

I KNOW THE STATE & COUNTY HAVE BEEN SAND BLASTING OLD PAINT FROM BRIDGES ON HIGHWAYS & RR TO REMOVE NOT ONLY RUST BUT THE OLD LEAD BASED PAINT.
WAS THIS BRIDGE SAND BLASTED AND REPAINTED OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS?

#294826  by Rail Liner

Alot of the the bridges including the paassic have been replaced within the last year and the non replaced ones have been sanded. I'll find out Sunday though.
 #295910  by scavenger33

I rode an N5c caboose on Sunday and I would say the track is in good shape since I was able to stand and keep my eye on the kids in the cupola with little effort. I know what bad track feels(and sounds!) like.

Warren

#305682  by joe k

WHAT IS THE LATEST INFO ON THE REHAB EAST OF EISENHOWER PKY?
THIS TRACK WAS IN SAD CONDITION......AND IS THERE STILL ISSUES WITH THE SIGNAL OPERATION AT EISENHOWER??

#305880  by Rail Liner

The peace of track froom E PARKWAY to the end at 80 is in bad shape to say the least. M&E says thay only go down that stechtch on a very rare to seldom basis.There is more rehab going on between Wippany and Morristown at this time.

#306004  by RS115

I don't know the status of the rehab though I agree that it was sorely needed. Not sure why they stopped where they did ($ being the obvious reason) since the only reason to go east of East Hanover is to service the former Polaner (B&G Food?) plant. Given that they are probably the #1 customer on the Whippany line and get drilled 1-2 times/week.