Railroad Forums 

• Rockland residents whine & moan about train horns

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#270764  by bwparker1

I can't even muster a comment, well maybe, NIMBYS:

I will say this, my father in law just the Rigby Local up to Brunswick a week ago monday, and I was surprised to see the GRS conductor flag crossing in Freeport with a lantern and no whistle.... so it can happen and it even makes sense, but I hate this kind of S(*& from relocated Mainers. The tracks were there before you were!!!

#270769  by MEC407

It's ridiculous. The railroad can't be expected to "stop and flag" at every crossing just because the locals don't like the noise... what a waste of time, and a waste of fuel too... getting a heavy train moving again after bringing it to a stop must use a lot of fuel. Not good for the environment, NIMBYs!

#270923  by justinking

and than someone will wonder why the train is stoped in across there back yard while they crew flags the crossing.

#278490  by oibu

And THEN someone will complain that the train blocks the crossing for too long because it stopped and then had to start up again, instead of just cruising through...