Railroad Forums 

• m&e shops

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#221469  by Steve F45

Where exactly are the shops located? I was at the whippany rail musuem today but unfortunately it was closed and i could not ask anyone where the shops were. How far away are they from the museum?

#221506  by joe k

take route 10 west from Whippany to route 287 south.
One mile past the route 24 exchange stay in your RIGHT lane and exit to Ridgedale Av / Abbett Ave Morristown....this is the first exit after you turn off 287.
At the traffic light go straight across onto Abbett Ave and go about 1/4 mile, turn left just before the RR Crossing and follow the driveway along the tracks for several hundred feet and you will see the M&E engine house to your right.

#221655  by Steve F45

thanks. If you were to take 10e/b could you still get to it?

after i left the museum i ended up going i think on 611 then made a right and followed this road back to 10. But when i came to the crossing i saw to my left an old rail crane and one of those erie mining alco's all cut up.

#221755  by RS115

10 East will take you away from Morristown. The directions above are about the easiest if you're not familiar with the area.

You were on South Jefferson Road when you saw the crane. If you have a decent sense of direction you can noodle your way to the shops from there and see some other equipment along the way.

Contact me directly if you wish and I can give you some details.

A