Railroad Forums 

• TRAINSPOTTING ON THE MORRISTOWN & ERIE, 2016

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#1369809  by therudycometh

On Monday, 2/8/16, we'll be doing several interesting things:

-Dropping off M&E 23 for H02 to use/test in the coming week
-taking the Kitchi Gammi Club from Morristown to the MMC
-picking up six (!) loaded lumber cars from CSX in Kearny and taking them west on the Morristown Line

Anyone with a camera.... Have fun! You might run into me trackside.

My deal is that I will try to provide train movement updates to any photographer that lets the M&E use their resulting photos on our website and for company marketing materials......
 #1369983  by therudycometh

mandealco wrote:Does that mean 23 now has cab signals?
No, it will always have to run with another locomotive on NJT.
 #1370506  by therudycometh

rr503 wrote:Nice shot! The sky and the lake are a good contrast to the red locos.
Has the new transload facility been put into operation?
Thanks! Yes, the Troy Hills Bulk Transload Facility is now open for business, and it looks like our first customer should be bringing their cars there in the next couple months.
ccutler wrote:Happy to see CSX interchanging more business with M&E. There are plenty of lumber yards with underutilized sidings and I'm sure Rudy is working hard to correct that problem.
Working on it! We've started advertising directly to lumber dealers and manufacturers, as our transload facilities are perfectly located for just about any lumber distribution network in northern NJ.
 #1371591  by BigDell

• Yes, on that track that runs between the PATH line and the M&Essex line. It is easy to see at the moment, now that the buildings next to it have been torn down.
I think I know where you mean.... where the Hartz buildings used to be I believe... all torn down now. I think it's a single track near the roadway? I need to pay attention when I go through there on the way to Metropark. Or google map it.
Great piece of info, I had no idea...
 #1371655  by ccutler

Its just east of Frank Rogers blvd in Harrison. There is a siding and that's the area where I see the freight cars.
I passed there on Wednesday and the eight freight cars were still waiting for pickup.
 #1374030  by ccutler

I rode NJ Transit by the CSX/ME interchange track tonight/Saturday and could make out a loaded lumber centerbeam car, a two-bay covered hopper [probably for road salt], and two tank cars. It was hard to see but I think that was it.