Railroad Forums 

• M&E Reports Increased Rail Traffic in 2015

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#1367555  by therudycometh

http://www.merail.com/news/2016/1/22/me ... ic-in-2015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1368037  by kilroy

How much of a hit on car loadings will the loss of the Maine operations cause (% wise - I know actual counts may not be something you want revealed)?
 #1368055  by ccutler

I am guessing the figures include the Bayway refinery and don't include Maine traffic. There's no way the Morris County lines produce that much traffic currently, though, to be clear, I wish the M&E success and growth.
 #1368194  by therudycometh

Correct. The numbers for the MERR are not included here, and won't be because frankly I don't know what they were. Not my department!

The 8% growth was just on the Morris County branches. Bayway also grew this year, but it wasn't that much.