Railroad Forums 

• ME equipment disposition list

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#1366724  by PARfan

Site Admin: please see the post immediately following this post. This post has been reported as a "troll" post. Since another member has reported the corrected information, I will leave the thread unlocked but redact this post.

Ok I couldn't find anything about the Maine Eastern units disposition or the other rolling stock.
I have gathered the following info to what might happen.

REDACTED

Feel free to correct me as needed! :-D
 #1367554  by therudycometh

Apologies for being blunt, but literally none of that is true.

- M420W #3573 does not have a cracked block and is intended for service in NJ. It is en route to NJ now.
- GP9 #764 will be used on the Morristown Division. No immediate plans to repaint it. It is en route to NJ now.
- FL9s #488 and #489 are in NJ and will be used for excursion service, both in Whippany and elsewhere.
- There are no plans for GP7 #100 at this moment.
- The MERR caboose #5 will be retained and used as a caboose. Not that I'm in a rush to paint over my own paint job from 2014, but we're working on getting it repainted.
- The snow plow has been sold, but not to CMQ. I can't give details, but you'll find out in a couple weeks.
- MHC and both Adirondack cars will be retained for storage.
- Passenger cars will enter excursion service with the FL9s.
 #1367645  by mandealco

Many thanks for the update Rudy. How will the arrival of the Maine Eastern units impact on the existing fleet, especially 18 & 19?
Cheers
Steve & Laura
 #1368197  by therudycometh

mandealco wrote:How will the arrival of the Maine Eastern units impact on the existing fleet, especially 18 & 19?
It will make a lot more work for them, since now we have 15 more pieces of equipment for 18 & 19 to move around!
 #1368219  by mandealco

LOL. I now have an image of Alco's pushing Geeps and FL-9s into corners of the empire, never to be seen again. Just my active imagination.
Cheers
Steve
NZ
 #1368330  by therudycometh

MERailFanJay wrote:Will #488 and #489 be repainted before their new service? New logos on the pax cars?
All of it will eventually bear M&E colors, but when you have 15 pieces of equipment to paint, it's a little overwhelming.
 #1368459  by therudycometh

DogBert wrote:Does Bayway have a backup locomotive, or ever need one?
#20 is the main locomotive down there, and #563 is there right now as a backup.
 #1371420  by BigDell

Rudy, is there a schedule of any upcoming excursions? I didn't realize the Maine equipment was coming back....

Also, I really need to get myself up that way and railfan your line a bit. Central NJ is great, but I need to see some M&E. Will look on the company site and see what's accessible to photography.
What's the busiest line, generally speaking?