Railroad Forums 

• TRAINSPOTTING ON THE MORRISTOWN & ERIE, 2014

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#1239234  by R36 Combine Coach

Well, it's been another year coming up. This year will be a milestone: 18 and 19 will be turning 50! In addition, it will mark 30 years since TP&W 800 and 801 arrived in Morristown in 1984, making them the workhorses of the fleet for three decades. With the recent 110th Anniversary excursion, perhaps another one for 18 and 19? Toys For Tots has been a success and will be again this year, along with hopefully growing carloads and perhaps new customers.
 #1239651  by maddog5150

Driving down Ridgedale Avenue in East Hanover earlier today, I noticed that the FL9s have been removed from behind the pool store where they have been parked for years. Where are they off to? Any news?
 #1239724  by therudycometh

I'm the designated painter.... so I'll hop right on that paint job thing.

The two FL9's (485 and 486) were just moved to the other end of the same siding near the main.
 #1260074  by R36 Combine Coach

That would have been Triumph Plastics, Flanders (former Target), off Bartley Road. It does occasionally receive carloads (being the first customer on the south end since Toys R Us ended service in 2008). What time?
 #1296837  by therudycometh

M&E office car deadhead move Morristown to MMC tomorrow morning (Wednesday 10/8). M&E 18, Kitchi Gammi Club, Morris County, and Alexander Hamilton. Morris County and Alexander Hamilton both sporting new paint. Eastbound from Morristown around 9:30-10:00AM.
 #1297314  by therudycometh

M&E OCS deadhead move on Amtrak 91 (southbound "Silver Star") on Sunday 10/12. Leaves NYP at 11:02 AM. The "Morris County" and "Alexander Hamilton" will be on the rear heading for Washington, DC to be added to the New River Train Excursion consist. Interesting note - besides the fact that we'll have a New York Central car paired with a Pennsylvania car (both of which are sporting new M&E paint jobs), the "Alexander Hamilton" was the original tailcar on the PRR "Congressional," which ran between New York and Washington in the 1950s and 1960s. Come get photos of it on its home rails!
 #1297405  by tj48

therudycometh wrote:M&E OCS deadhead move on Amtrak 91 (southbound "Silver Star") on Sunday 10/12. Leaves NYP at 11:02 AM. The "Morris County" and "Alexander Hamilton" will be on the rear heading for Washington, DC to be added to the New River Train Excursion consist. Interesting note - besides the fact that we'll have a New York Central car paired with a Pennsylvania car (both of which are sporting new M&E paint jobs), the "Alexander Hamilton" was the original tailcar on the PRR "Congressional," which ran between New York and Washington in the 1950s and 1960s. Come get photos of it on its home rails!
Forgive me if I've missed something but have these cars been sold, leased, or is this a new business venture?
 #1300693  by therudycometh

tj48 wrote:
therudycometh wrote:M&E OCS deadhead move on Amtrak 91 (southbound "Silver Star") on Sunday 10/12. Leaves NYP at 11:02 AM. The "Morris County" and "Alexander Hamilton" will be on the rear heading for Washington, DC to be added to the New River Train Excursion consist. Interesting note - besides the fact that we'll have a New York Central car paired with a Pennsylvania car (both of which are sporting new M&E paint jobs), the "Alexander Hamilton" was the original tailcar on the PRR "Congressional," which ran between New York and Washington in the 1950s and 1960s. Come get photos of it on its home rails!
Forgive me if I've missed something but have these cars been sold, leased, or is this a new business venture?
Cars were chartered (rented).
 #1300695  by therudycometh

Today, the Morristown & Erie Railway partnered with the United Railroad Historical Society of New Jersey (URHS) to move the last NJ Transit U34CH (#3372) from its storage location in Passaic, NJ to the URHS restoration yard in Boonton, NJ. Thanks to everyone involved for making it a smooth operation!