Railroad Forums 

• M&E at Grand Central Terminal Centennial

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#1180409  by therudycometh

The Morristown & Erie will be sending the Ohio River and the Birken to Grand Central Terminal for the Terminal's Centennial celebration on May 11th & 12th (next weekend!). The cars will be open for viewing from 10AM to 4PM both days. I will be there working, probably in the Birken. I hope to see some of you there!
 #1180987  by therudycometh

Nothing got repainted last week or even anytime recently. However, the Morris County got UNpainted with a 40,000 PSI powerwasher. The car had three layers of paint stripped off, and is now back to its original 1940s New York Central appearance with bare stainless steel. If you look closely, you can actually see the shadow of the New York Central lettering on the letterboard.
 #1181384  by TSTOM

Thanks....met your co-worker Mike yesterday in Whippany while he was polishing Ohio River and he filled me in on Morris County. I had stopped in Morristown several days ago and saw MC getting sandblasted and just assumed it was being repainted.

BTW, who owns the Sante Fe diner Epicuris ? She appears to be in excellent external condition.
 #1181662  by therudycometh

TSTOM wrote:Thanks....met your co-worker Mike yesterday in Whippany while he was polishing Ohio River and he filled me in on Morris County. I had stopped in Morristown several days ago and saw MC getting sandblasted and just assumed it was being repainted.

BTW, who owns the Sante Fe diner Epicuris ? She appears to be in excellent external condition.
It was Matt, not Mike. And the Epicurus is privately owned, and just as beautiful inside as it is outside. It's the only privately owned dining car that's fully operational with its original interior.