Railroad Forums 

• M&E Police Patch

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#129160  by Sirsonic

Somewhere in this forum, there is a reference by someone to the M&E PD, or actually, I think, their lone special agent. If he is actually a sworn police officer, or even exists, I dont know.

#129186  by Lackawanna484

Meghan wrote:If the New Jersey legislation giving Court Costs to the railroad when they are the complainant goes through (and I think It should) they can probably cover much of their costs on grade crossings and trespasser’s.

Smile Meg
Two weeks to go. May PLEASE have my brain back now, Please?
This is interesting. Some NJ towns make a lot of money from court cost revenues, so they may not give it up without a fight. Some towns on I-80 actually compete for state trooper tickets, I've heard.

When you recover your brain (finish exams?), would you elaborate? Thanks!
 #129393  by Pull Man

We are aware of the "authentic" M&E Police shoulder patch being advertized on e-bay. We acknowledge that patch and badge collecting are very popular hobbies. (although possession and use of unauthorized credentials is a crime) We don't intend to interfere with this legitimate endeavor. The M&EPD Chief's badge advertized on e-bay was not a legitimate item, therefore we had it removed from bidding. There are only four M&E Police badges in existence, and they are in possession of those who carry them. ARS
 #131109  by ChiefAEG

For more information regarding the M&E Railway Police, please visit our website. We receive our state authority under NJSA title 49 and federally under US 49 Code 28101. AEG

#436737  by Sid Farkus

Does the ME police have any police vehicles. If so are there any pictures becuase I would like to model some of their cars for my layout. Thanks
 #436930  by Sandy Burton

They do have a police car. It usually can be seen easily from the Staples parking lot.

Sandy

#442901  by Sid Farkus

Does anyone have a pic of this car or can take one please?

#443021  by RS115

Yes that is the current car. It spends most of its life parked in Morristown. The other day when it was in Whippany was the first time I've seen it on the road locally. It had disappeared for awhile in late July/early August.

They also have/had an unmarked. I haven't seen that in some time and don't know if it was traded in on this or sent to Maine.

#444404  by GOLDEN-ARM

I'm going to close this, for a short time. I will reopen it, under the title M&E Police Force questions. IF you want to discuss the Police Force specifically, this will be the place to do that. We WILL NOT tolerate any disparaging remarks, concerning the PD of the M&E. Thanks