Railroad Forums 

• Catching the M&E

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#111609  by NJ Vike

Hello folks!

I have some time off this week and was wondering where I *might* be able to see the M&E?

Thanks in advance.

Ken
 #111709  by bnsf lover

you can sometimes catch them switching cars around at the chester junction in i think itis either roxbury or warton on berkshire valley road
 #111720  by NJ Vike

bnsf lover wrote:you can sometimes catch them switching cars around at the chester junction in i think itis either roxbury or warton on berkshire valley road
Many thanks! I will give it a shot and fortunately, I know the location.

Ken

#112621  by bnsf lover

i was wondering if you caught the m&e anywhere

#113057  by NJ Vike

bnsf lover wrote:i was wondering if you caught the m&e anywhere
UNfortunately, not. I did have an interesting day though in Phillipsburg. I did see three trains within an hour. Drive by Martins Creek but nothing was there.

Today, I was with the in-laws and an next to Lakehurst so I decided to visit Union Avenue and see the old CNJ Southern Division tracks (Blue Comet). Didn't see anything when I arrived but when I got back to their house, I heard the horn; dont' you just hate that :-(