• M&E putting in a new siding?

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

by njt4172

I drove by the M&E shops in Morristown this morning and noticed that they were doing some major tie rehabilitation on the hill track that leads to Baker Int. Does anyone know if those new ties were just replacing the existing siding or are they putting in a new one???

Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks,
Steve

by Tri-State Tom

Steve -

Unless there's been a change, the '0' mile post marker used to be about half way down the curve....about across from the Staples dumpsters.

Might have been NJT MOW forces replacing ties - OR - NJT paying for the M&E to do the job.

by RS115

I stopped up there at lunch time and saw the activity. It was definately an M&E crew looks like they were replacing all or most of the switch timbers in the switch between old interchange tracks 2 & 3. Who's paying for it I can't say but M&E's definately doing the work.
  by Sandy Burton

They are just doing track maintenance.

Sandy