Railroad Forums 

• Looking for M&E detailed track map information

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#95907  by gdfisher

I am a virtual model railroader using the Trainz simulator and am currently completing a prototype layout in northern New England...St Johnsbury to Whitefield to Littleton to Wells River and back to St Johnsbury. When I complete this I would like to model the M&E as it has always been a favorite of mine (I took pictures of the steam there when I was a kid). I have access to current USGS maps and also historic USGS maps showing the M&E and also the book Rails Through The Hanover Hills. What I lack is detailed track info. The USGS maps show a single track running into the Erie at Essex Fells for example, but I know there were sidings there, and a turntable too I think. Could someone point me toward a source of more detailed track information? I would be quite grateful.

I just love the fact that the Erie and the DL&W are long gone, but the little Morristown and Erie soldiers on. :-D

George

#102611  by Al Holleuffer

Hi George,

I can help you out with the sidings on the M&E. i worked for them from May of 1968 until April 7, 1995, so I am very familiar with just about every siding including many that are now long gone. I even help build five of the ones on the Whippany line in 1969.

#104330  by gdfisher

I would just like to say thank you to Al Holleuffer for responding, you have a private message, and to another gentleman who also responded with much of the material I needed. Your help is greatly appreciated.

George