• Passenger cars in Olean?

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

by nydepot

I did a quick search on rr.net and didn't see anything. Who are the line of passenger cars for in Olean Yard? The movie? Thanks.

Charles
  by nydepot

Here is a shot of them.

Charles
pass.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by pablo

I didn't see them before, but I wonder if it's the same group of cars purchased last year from a location near Meadville. I know they were in Olean at some point last year, but I don't know if they ever left. There were quite a few yellow (UP Armor yellow?) cars in that group.

Dave Becker
  by kf7strng

Those are the same group that I photographed on 2/13/09 in Olean. I wonder why they are still there, Or.. Have they left, and returned again?
  by Lehighton_Man

At first glance, they looked like former Long Island P72's... But my eyes decieved me. Standard Budd cars... Where they came from, and what they're for, Is beyond me.
  by cdw

The coaches are former UP built by Pullman, they have aluminum skin. The Alaska RR ran some of these several years ago.

Dick Welles