Railroad Forums 

• Conductor Trainee Openings on the LAL?

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#57823  by steamboy

Does the LAL ever have any conductor trainee openings? I'm retired military, looking for a new career, and have sent my resume to them. Haven't heard from them even so far as receiving it. Can anyone with the LAL point me in the right direction?

TIA,

Bob

#65493  by SteelWheels21

Otto, maybe Steamboy just wanted a little information about job possibilities or some advice before he made the call. As a railroad employee I can tell you that if you call an office looking for a job you're going to get brushed off faster than a mosquito at a picnic. Or maybe Steamboy hasn't attained enough status in your cult of exclusivity to get more than a sarcastic response.

And please get rid of that picture in your signature. It looks like the insert that came with my new wallet.

#65519  by Otto Vondrak

Geez what did I do? There was zero sarcasm in my response to steamboy. I was trying to find out what he was looking for in regards to his post. He asked where to go and I pointed him to the main office in Lakeville.

As far as my picture, I can't help it. That's the way I look. Honest. Think I would puposely pick a picture of a guy who looked like that? Please.

All this persnickity infighting from disgruntled employes and fans wears me thin.

-otto-