Railroad Forums 

• The Steam Era on the LAL (1964-1977)

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#677078  by Otto Vondrak

I'm working on a project, was wondering if anyone out there has any photos or recollections of the "Steam Era" on the LAL. Does anyone have samples of any brochures or tickets issued by the LAL when passenger excursions were offered?

-otto-
 #677223  by TB Diamond

Otto:

Have both a 1966 and a 1975 timetable/brochure. Have several photos of No. 38 and one purchased color slide of No. 17. PM for details, please.
 #677480  by Otto Vondrak

I should mention my good friend Mike Smith gave me a great old LAL bumper sticker from that era that I should scan and share here.

-otto-
 #677481  by Otto Vondrak

C. J. Brooks wrote:You may want to get in touch with Pete Swanson for this one.
That's a good idea. Anyone have Swanson's contact? I don't get up to Rochester often enough to see him trackside!!
 #678028  by Otto Vondrak

railwatcher wrote:He can be found around the Avon yard on a regular basis, also!
Would be good if I was in Rochester more often (see above). Got his contact, thanks everyone!

If anyone has any photos or stories to share of LAL steam, let me know.

-otto-
 #678418  by erie2521

Otto, A couple of years ago, I brought a lot of old tickets, cash fare receipts and the like to a meeting and gave them to anyone that wanted them. I think Chris Hauf took the remainder. There were a couple of LA&L tickets. Whether he ended up with either of them, I don't know. Worth a try. Ted
 #679007  by RS112556

Otto...I may have a pile of stuff that includes newspaper adds, post cards and brochures. Not totally sure what there is but if you have an interest let me know.
Jim McClenin
 #680550  by Otto Vondrak

I'm also looking for tickets, if anyone has any stashed away in their collection. Thank you to the folks who already contacted me!

-otto-