Railroad Forums 

• Welded Rail and Infrastructure Multi-Year Upgrades

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#428403  by alsorailfan

Sorry for large number of pictures but it was hard culling out the thermite process. From Golah Rd., the clouds have shown up the bridges nicely. The black one is the farmer access bridge and the lighter one behind it is the Leigh Valley RR/Trail bridge. The dump truck on the tracks is not the same one at Lakeville facilities. Also look for 415 in one of the pictures.

http://picasaweb.google.com/alsorailfan ... Jc5QomDyCw

Chris

#428563  by alsorailfan

It should be ONCT 418, not 415. Sorry for the typo!

#431704  by Luther Brefo

Otto Vondrak wrote:Luther, where will they be working next? Above Avon?
North of 251 has the East Rail in place for as far as I can see without trespassing.

South of 251 has both rails installed as far as I can see without trespassing. South of Avon has been complete since last week if I recall correctly.

#431730  by alsorailfan

As I was doing TC operation duty this past Sunday at the museum, had a friend with me (who acted as my radio man) and has not seen the lines, I showed him Golah Rd. There he was able to see the difference in the rail height which at that point of time the west rail has not yet been replaced. We had stopped at Lakeville which still had the dump truck and a growing 'field' of used spikes, tie plates, etc.. Papermill Rd. and in Avon still had the same piece of equipment sitting there as far as I could tell. Otherwise I did not see any of the equipments around. Know where they are stored for now???

When coming down to Industry, saw the Track Car for LAL (don't have his permission to use his name) making a southbound inspection and he spraying something on the west side of the rails. LAL MOW pickup was following him. Too busy manning the TC downhill to observe anything more than that.

Chris

#433932  by Luther Brefo

The East rail has been installed all the way to Brooks Road. A portion of the west rail has been place in the gauge awaiting installation.

#434063  by Mike Walsh

Where is Brooks Road? I would imagine you meant Brooks Ave, but that's not LAL property so I cannot think of where that is.

Thanks

#434140  by conrail6479

UMM.... R&S did have welded rail at paul road but now it is gone.

#434307  by clearblock

Mike Walsh wrote:Where is Brooks Road? I would imagine you meant Brooks Ave, but that's not LAL property so I cannot think of where that is.

Thanks
Brooks Rd is the crossing between Erie Station Road and Lehigh Station Road. It is the first road north of the Thruway.

#434340  by Luther Brefo

Both rails have been installed up to the Route 251 crossing adjacent to Industry Depot. The west rail north of the depot is still by the wayside as per observation last evening when I was at the museum. I imagine this rail will be moved into gauge sometime today and the work will be complete sometime next week.