Railroad Forums 

• Welded Rail and Infrastructure Multi-Year Upgrades

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#922457  by the1jp

It's Friday pm and things are quiet railway wise in Avon village but-
the ballast regulator (I think that is what that machine is called) is on the siding for King Cole Bean waiting for it's next job
while resting on the other side of the yard, by the construction stuff, the back-hoe sits.
I wonder what tomorrow will bring?
 #956805  by the1jp

New ties are sitting near the North end of the new East siding.
New switch to complete the siding?
As well, you an see some ties along the edge of the siding to Kraft. Tie replacement there!
 #997119  by K4Pacific

From Gene Blabey himself;

The recently announced grant for track work on the WNYP main line between Carrolton and Salamanca involves an equal match provided by the WNYP.  The work is to be completed in 2012.

Rehabilitation of the Bath & Hammondsport's original line between Bath Jct. to a siding adjacent to the Steuben County Jail also requires a local match (10 percent).  That track is currently out of service.  After completion next year, B&H Rail Corp. will be able to serve Steuben County IDA industrial sites in the area of the jail.
 #1044677  by the1jp

Some tie replacement in the Avon yard seems to be taking place. I am not sure where all the new ones went or will be going but I saw some new ties laying by the switch north of 5 &20 and some by the road into Al-Don.
 #1470982  by avonrailfan62

Another significant load of new railroad ties are sitting in the Avon Yard. It did appear that the LA&L didn't arrive in Avon until the evening yesterday. This odd sight left me wondering if track maintenance season had begun along with the start of regular night time operations.
 #1474082  by avonrailfan62

It appears that the trains are still operating in the evening into the night because of the on-going work in the Avon Yard. Looks to me like another spur is being added to the east along side the old loading ramp. Going to the depot "Duffy's" for dinner and beverages this evening and I'm hoping to feel the building/ground shake!