Railroad Forums 

• Cartier Century/MLW news

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#93291  by railroadcarmover

I can offer you the status of BDLX #2209. I am the owner of this unit. I purchased it back in august 2003. I was originally going to purchase #2207 until i found out it had freeze damage so i had the combos changed out and reinstalled on #2209 since these wheels were almost new. It was in storage in Binghamton yard and i was waiting for to ship it to NJ for an upstart operation that never came to fruition. It sat in Binghamton until it was placed into service on the NYSW from september to december of this past year. It had some issues that had to be repaired on it and now it is on lease to the CNY RR as their "sole" power. It will remain in P&W colors.

I am a locomotive leaser who is based in Woodbridge/ Edison NJ. I also own (former LTS #1845 , eex US Steel #27), H12-44 Fairbanks Morse #1845 ( has remote control and EMD trucks ) as well as a spare engine and a truck load of spare parts. Unit is presently out of service. I also own 7 Trackmobiles.

As far as BDLX #2214. It had / has some bugs to be worked out.
BDLX #2208 has just come in from P&W. I am not sure if it is getting pressed into service or just evaluated at this point.

#93303  by ANDY117

If you're talking about those P&W locos in binghamton, they just sit there. There's 6 inches of snow on them, and they might get moved to get other stuff on that track.

#93365  by Alcoman

The Cartier units are not able to lead since they lack amoung other things; end of train control devices and ditch lights. Would be nice however to see all 5 of them lead a train. What Dreams are made of!

#109645  by railwatcher

A trip by the Cohocton yard and shop yesterday netted the following: A veiw of 3 Cartier units #'s 75,85 & 43 and the B & H S1 #4 with two passenger cars all sitting on the siding. A doubtful but entertaining thought crossed my mind, "passenger service returning!"

#135638  by ANDY117

43 is here now. saw it in Bingo yard last night!
 #139039  by railwatcher

A recent trip by Cohocton and now there are no Cartier Units sitting there. Unless they are inside the shop, there is track equipment on the siding that once occupied all those Engines is empty. On Friday, June 17th the only units outside were LAL 423, B&H 422, B&H 4 and 5 plus two passenger cars.

Greg