Railroad Forums 

• Cartier Century/MLW news

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#1364  by Alcoman

At one time, there seemed to be indications that work was being done on at least one unit; Number 75.
 #2661  by FL9AC

Your theory looks like it is correct. My parents and I went to the B&H's Cohocton shops in October, 2003, and saw the 75 sitting on the north lead of the shop seperated from all others. Nothing looks different, so they might have just started working with it.

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?200 ... 326005.jpg

and

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?200 ... 926303.jpg
 #87355  by NS3737

When I was at Cohocton NY in October 2004 the 75 was still stitting in front of the work shop. But the thing that keeps me puzzled is what need does the LA&L have for such big footed beasts?

Gijs
 #87551  by nessman

NS3737 wrote:When I was at Cohocton NY in October 2004 the 75 was still stitting in front of the work shop. But the thing that keeps me puzzled is what need does the LA&L have for such big footed beasts?
The LAL doesn't own them. They're just being stored on the B&H. A few units have been leased and are in service on the NYSW. The WNYP has lease options on two of them where they have a need for 6-axle power.

#88789  by oibu

Anypne knwo where 47 and 77 are now? Did they go to the WNYP or something?

#89554  by scottychaos

a post on another forum said the 2 units are ALSO going to the Susquehanna!
making a total of 4 of the Cartier units for the NYSW so far.
Scot

#89610  by oibu

That would make a total of FIVE- they already have 41, 45, and 78!
 #91779  by HO Jct

The Cartier units are all going to NYSW for use on the Central NY.

#91951  by oibu

ALL??!!!! Can anyone corroborate this? That would be awesome...although I don't see why NYSW and/or CNY needs that many of them...unless all the BDLX junkers (various GPs, ex P&W -8s, etc.) are going to be displaced (which would be excellent, tired of seeing ratty units in random mixes of painted-over schemes...).
 #91973  by HO Jct

I should clarify what I meant when I said "all." 5 units have been leased to the NYSW as most know, with what I have been told is 1 more unit to go to the NYSW, which would be a total of 6. LAL has lease options on 2 of the 636's and that would bring the total to 8. As a side not and IIRC, the Cartier units are owned by the M&E. Sorry for the confusion, if anyone has any further updates, they would be very welcomed

#92000  by oibu

Thanks for clarifying. Would be cool to have all 8 in service 6 on NYS&W/CNY and 2 on WNYP! I still think that if CNY/NYSW has 6 of them they would have little need for the BDLX cr@p.

I believe the ownership is not M&E per se, but rather a couple of individuals associated with the M&E and WNYP (some M&E management is on teh WNYP board I beleive).

#92057  by HO Jct

Does anyone actually know what the status of the BDLX stuff is?