Railroad Forums 

• Interesting Tidbit on WNYP & NY&LE

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#235532  by bwparker1

http://forums.railfan.net/forums.cgi?bo ... 1144199112

Read the article to learn that

"NYLE President Dingman is talking with a major gravel producer in western Cattaraugus county to provide rail service for gravel deliveries to Pennsylvania. It would involve constructing more than a mile of track and reopening the shortline's connection to the Norfolk Southern east-west line east of Jamestown operated by the Western New York & Pennsylvania Railroad."

#235904  by railwatcher

Like I have mentioned in the past, "the more connections that the railroad has makes its networth that much more!" In this case, it increases the value of two shortlines and NS.

Greg
 #236782  by pablo

I know the producer they were talking about. They're huge, really.

What's the going cost to build a mile-long spur, anyone?

Not to mention total rehab of how many miles, including an interchange spur, and at least two substantial washouts, and at least two grade crossings, albeit at minor roads...

How much money???

Dave Becker

#236843  by Brad Smith

Is the gravel company Garnett?

#236872  by railwatcher

I am sure that it would include a deal for stone for the NYLE's needs, as it is well known about the washouts and track conditions south of the current servicable rail.

A company looking to make a deal of this magnitude would have considered this in negotiations.

Greg