Railroad Forums 

• Pictures of ONCT 418

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#227595  by Matt Langworthy

I know Les has a few shots on #418. I be'ieve they are already on your website. ONCT uses the little SW most of the time so #418 doesn't get out much. When I 'fanned ONCT last June, #418 was awaiting the installation of a new air compressor and possibly needed some brake work as well. This is one hard unit to photograph because she is kept under lock and key to prevent vandalism. IIRC, I vaguely remember a story (courtesy of ONCT's attorney Sargent Wise) about #418 being vandalized when she was kept outside overnight, so the engine is stored indoors at Victor Insulators. Too bad for the fans but it's a smart move for a small shortline.
 #227734  by bwparker1

Matt Langworthy wrote:I know Les has a few shots on #418. I be'ieve they are already on your website. ONCT uses the little SW most of the time so #418 doesn't get out much. When I 'fanned ONCT last June, #418 was awaiting the installation of a new air compressor and possibly needed some brake work as well. This is one hard unit to photograph because she is kept under lock and key to prevent vandalism. IIRC, I vaguely remember a story (courtesy of ONCT's attorney Sargent Wise) about #418 being vandalized when she was kept outside overnight, so the engine is stored indoors at Victor Insulators. Too bad for the fans but it's a smart move for a small shortline.
Don Brown could provide more info, but #418 is still awaiting the compressor. The installation is complicated and requires some specialized assistance.

Here are some shots of recent ONCT activities I took that Luther B. posted on his site.

http://www.lalrailfan.net/copper/thumbn ... p?album=42

Brooks
 #227843  by Matt Langworthy

Nice pics. I sent Kuther over 100 photos of ONCT from my adventures on 3/7/06 and 6/7/05 so they should be on the site soon. No doubt Don will let us know when #418 is ready, but he's rather busy running the railroad so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the Alco to run again.
 #227848  by Luther Brefo

Matt Langworthy wrote:Nice pics. I sent Kuther over 100 photos of ONCT from my adventures on 3/7/06 and 6/7/05 so they should be on the site soon. No doubt Don will let us know when #418 is ready, but he's rather busy running the railroad so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the Alco to run again.
I've got the pics and I'm sorting through them. Scanning will begin shortly after the end of this week. RITMRC's train show is this Sunday so there is plenty of work to be done there. Soon it will be done.
 #228381  by Matt Langworthy

Take your time- I wasn't trying to rush you. Where/when will you be at the show?