Railroad Forums 

• Ontario Central signhting 2/7/06

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#214711  by Matt Langworthy

railwatcher wrote:Matt your are were lucky to catch them out. Hoped you stopped by the race track, it was your surely day!
Drove by the track but the hour was getting late. I had a belated b'day dinner at 5:00 with my family in Canandaigua so there was no time to stop at the track even for a few minutes.

The best bet for catching an ONCT run is Tuesday, but the RR can operate on other days depending on interchange runs by FGLK and, of course, customer needs. Good luck everybody! :-D

#214774  by bwparker1

Matt:

I'll be excited to check out your photos from the chase, please let us know when and where they are posted.

Brooks
 #217133  by CPSD40-2

Are you sure the lumber car came from VC&L?I seem to remember a conversation with them a while back and they said they hadn't gotten rail service in years - I don't think there's even a siding there anymore. Last I knew, Ryan Homes was the only lumber client on line.

Agreed on Don Brown - Excellent guy. Our company investigated bringing in material via rail a couple of years ago, and he was fantastic to work with.
 #217207  by Matt Langworthy

The lumber car was spotted on the team track. I spoke with a VC&L employee who had some belated paperwork for the car to give to Don and Marianne. The employee will no doubt appear in a few of my forthcoming photos because he was hanging around the crossing, waiting for the train to pull the empty out.

#217417  by BR&P

The Victor Team Track was taken out of service in January 2004 except for about a carlength at the east end. Aside from a ballast car stored there for a few weeks nothing has been on the track since.

ONCT does not discuss details of its customers traffic but I will state VC&L has never received a car by rail in the 26+ years ONCT has been serving the town.
 #218838  by Matt Langworthy

Then I stand corrected on VC&L. Is the passing siding near the end of the line considered a team track? I was referring to that location rather than the old spur near Maple Street.

#218843  by nessman

I don't know if it's a team track, per se, but it was used to unload telephone poles for a contractor doing work in the area a few years ago.
 #218962  by CPSD40-2

Yep - All I have ever seen down there are bulkhead / stakebodies / gons loaded with poles for Monroe Contractors over in Fishers. I think they bring a prentice loader over to transload them to their facility.
 #219091  by Matt Langworthy

Again, poor choice of words on my part- they were poles. I don't know how frequently ONCT handles this traffic (nor will they comment) but I did see these cars both on 2/7 of this year and on 6/7/05.
 #219102  by CPSD40-2

I know that I see cars of poles in the FGLK yard quite frequently, so I bet its a pretty regular customer.