Railroad Forums 

• LA&L Industries and Customers

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#208824  by Luther Brefo

Hi,

As I gather more information for my project, (Email me for a sneak preview) I hit another stumbling block...

The customers...

Who does the LA&L currently serve?

I know for a fact that they serve the following according to location:

Lakeville:

Sweeteners Plus
Team track (is it at the yard itself? if so where in relation to the engine house/shops?)

Avon:

Kraft Foods
Avon Feed (the siding looks to be in bad shape as if no cars have come that way for a while)
King Cole Bean (the siding looks to be in bad shape as if no cars have come that way for a while
Team track (is it still there? if so where?)

Rush:

RGVRRM (the museum at Industry)

Henrietta:

84 Lumber? (Is this R&S turf now? or has it always been an R&S customer?)

Matthews and Fields Lumber

High Point Mills? ( is that the right name? next door to M&F Lumber)

I feel as though there are more customers that I just don't know of...

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Also what can be said for the B&H, ONCT, and WNYP?

#208854  by nessman

Here's the list I have off my website... may be off by a customer or two (the LAL doesn't comment about customers):

Sweeteners Plus Inc., Lakeville
Archer-Daniels-Midland, Lakeville
Ag Network Incorporated, Lakeville
Kraft General Foods, Avon (America's stash of Cool Whip orginates here)
King Cole Bean, Avon
Avon Feed, Avon
Rochester & Genesee Valley Railroad Museum (NHRS), Rush
RG&E, Henrietta (siding into substation)
Genesee Reserve Supply, Henrietta
Matthews and Fields Lumber, Henrietta
High Point Mills, Henrietta
Warehouse on Commerce Blvd., Henrietta (new customer on recently re-activated spur, name unknown - shipping paper)

#208920  by avonrailfan62

There is an additional Avon area customer located just north of the Village of Avon line. This would be the agricultural transfer/storage business where the LA&L installed a new siding just recently. There were railcars on the siding just this past week!

#208923  by Luther Brefo

avonrailfan62 wrote:There is an additional Avon area customer located just north of the Village of Avon line. This would be the agricultural transfer/storage business where the LA&L installed a new siding just recently. There were railcars on the siding just this past week!
I think I have shots of that. Are they the guys with the shiny new grain elevators?
Last edited by Luther Brefo on Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:41 am, edited 8 times in total.

#208924  by Luther Brefo

nessman wrote:Here's the list I have off my website... may be off by a customer or two (the LAL doesn't comment about customers):

Sweeteners Plus Inc., Lakeville
Archer-Daniels-Midland, Lakeville
Ag Network Incorporated, Lakeville
Kraft General Foods, Avon (America's stash of Cool Whip orginates here)
King Cole Bean, Avon
Avon Feed, Avon
Rochester & Genesee Valley Railroad Museum (NHRS), Rush
RG&E, Henrietta (siding into substation)
Genesee Reserve Supply, Henrietta
Matthews and Fields Lumber, Henrietta
High Point Mills, Henrietta
Warehouse on Commerce Blvd., Henrietta (new customer on recently re-activated spur, name unknown - shipping paper)
Thanks! :)