Railroad Forums 

• 2006 LAL Movements

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#203373  by railwatcher

#430 is back out of the shops with #421 today on the LAL. Northbound train had 14 cars and the southbound trip returned with 29 cars. Five cars were dropped in Avon, one tanker in the yard by the station and four covered hoppers were placed on the hillside siding south of Main St. with the gondola, flat and hopper cars that have been sitting there. There are Tankers stacking up in the Avon yard, as Kraft has been not received any since Christmas, due to building renovations blocking the track area. 24 cars went onto Lakeville. Pictures are on my website.

Greg :-D
 #203376  by Sandy Burton

Was it the 420 with the 421, not the 430? I thought the 430 along with the 424 went to Falconer shortly after Christmas.

Sandy

#203396  by railwatcher

430 returned with 424 to the LAL shops. Never made it to the WNYP, I assume they will be sent as soon as they are available to be shipped again.

#203430  by scottychaos

wow..bizzare..
anyone know where 430 and 424 spent the last 2 weeks?
they couldnt have sat at Silver Springs all this time did they?

Scot

#203493  by railwatcher

Scot,

They returned to Lakeville same day. I mentioned it in another thread somewhere, that they were seen returning to Lakeville.

Greg

#203494  by scottychaos

railwatcher wrote:Scot,

They returned to Lakeville same day. I mentioned it in another thread somewhere, that they were seen returning to Lakeville.

Greg
oh!
I didnt catch that..
I thought you meant they came back yesterday!
thanks for clearing that up..

Scot

#203563  by railwatcher

They were on their way, e.i. the pictures and posts.......... and next thing you know, they came back.

Greg

#203765  by Luther Brefo

railwatcher wrote:They were on their way, e.i. the pictures and posts.......... and next thing you know, they came back.

Greg
ok...maybe the WNYP doesn't need more power after all? Personally I'd like to see 424 stay "home" on the LA&L
 #203811  by railwatcher

Northbound this morning with 19+/- cars. Stopped in Avon, and reloaded Kraft with tank cars. Today #420 and #424 were on the line.
 #205259  by railwatcher

Northobund into Avon NY this morning #421 leading #430 (not sure) with 11 units. View was blinded by (temporary) sunlight and scrub brush.

Greg

#205263  by Aji-tater

11 units? Must be every loco they have! How long was the train? Or did you mean 11 cars?

#205271  by Luther Brefo

Aji-tater wrote:11 units? Must be every loco they have! How long was the train? Or did you mean 11 cars?
There aren't 11 units running on just the LA&L. Most are stored or have been otherwise deactivated. Besides 11 loco's would be way too much power for anything the LA&L pulls...

Althoough, that would prove to be a nice scene...11 awesome ALCo's

#205274  by Aji-tater

Yup, I realize that and I realize he probably meant 11 cars not 11 units. I'm just aji-tating, LOL ;-)

#205453  by railwatcher

Gezzz. Give me a break! It was still morning. Coffee wasnt done yet!
......please feel free to add any other excuse you can think of, that will apply....... oops!
Greg