Railroad Forums 

• some new pics of WNYP 631

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#203176  by Alcoman

Have any idea why the locomotive is there rather than Falconer?

#203180  by scottychaos

Alcoman wrote:Have any idea why the locomotive is there rather than Falconer?
not a clue!
its a mystery to me..

Scot

#203196  by railwatcher

I heard mentioned that this unit, now, isn't part of that fleet, might actually have different ownership. This is unconfirmed. Maybe some that knows for sure will post us the answer. Might be parked there like the Cartier units were. #631 or not, we would be interested to know the fate of this unit.

#203209  by scottychaos

this IS a bit mysterious! :P
the engine was actually in Falconer for a time..
why move it to Cohocton if its going to be a WNYP unit?
what is the point of the move to Cohocton?

the only reason I can think of is that maybe Cohocton shops has some sort of equipment that Falconer shops does not have...seems unlikely, but you never know.

the other option is..its *not* destined to be a WNYP unit! :(
time will tell...

(the above is pure speculation...)

Scot

#203358  by sallenparks

From what I heard from someone in Lakeville is that she had bad brakes and went to the B&H for some other minor work.She was in Hornell for a while which is where she jumb the track and was grounded which is why NS refused to move her to the B&H untill the problem was fixed bad brakes.M630 73 is owned by 636 leaseing last I knew.