Railroad Forums 

• Minnesota Commerce M630 #73 to WNYP at Falconer

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#145461  by Alcoman

Later this year, the WNY&P will be home to a former Minnesota Commercial M630 # 73.
This MLW will first go to Coshocton for upgrading and testing before heading to the WNY&P.
 #145463  by pablo

That's Cohocton. Not to be picky.

Dave Becker

#145465  by Alcoman

OOPS! Your right. My spelling is awlful. Plus I was thing of that town in Ohio.
 #147408  by railwatcher

It was reported awhile ago that #430 was going to the WNYP and was going to be tested on the LAL before it went Faulkner based WNYP. I have yet to see #430 although I haven't been able to get out to see them come by. #430 is former NYSW #3000 and was reported to be in the LAL shops getting readied for service. Anyone heard when the testing is to start or did I miss it?

#150295  by super7cr

F-A-L-C-O-N-E-R.

Not Faulkner or however you spelled it.

#150504  by railwatcher

Sorry, it's not like I live in Jamestown to know the difference.

my apologies.
 #150613  by pablo

The Locomotive was reported on another forum to be in Conway. I'm in Florida on vacation so I can't say if that's true or not, but the author is exceptionally reliable.

Easy, Super7cr. Glad to see you've improved your skills in dealing with people since last I've heard from you. Seriously, hope all is well.

Dave Becker
 #151107  by Matt Langworthy

Alcoman wrote:This MLW will first go to Cohocton for upgrading and testing before heading to the WNY&P.
What paint job will it have: the black/yellow scheme used on most LAL/B&H/ONCT engines, the red one worn by some of the WNYP units, or just a modified version of its previous owner?
Last edited by Matt Langworthy on Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#151173  by scottychaos

Most likely it will stay in its current Red scheme,
the red remains from its CP days.
will be a good match with WNYP 630!
(although the reds might not *quite* match..but thats ok..)

here is a picture from 2000:
http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/mnnr73.jpg

and more pics:

http://www.tamr.org/Andy_Inserra/MNNR%20M630.htm
http://www.shortlinesusa.com/MC73.jpg

#73 is ex-CP Rail #4573, last M630 made for CP Rail.

Scot

#151241  by Alcoman

The Minn Commercial's red is deeper than CP's action red. It may get quite close to matching the M&E red found on the C430's

#151460  by super7cr

Thanks Dave!

Hope all is well in your life too.

I am working for a great railroad that actually knows how to treat its employees (imagine that), just bought myself a new truck, and loving life. Appreciate your thoughts buddy.
 #151782  by Matt Langworthy

I like the shade of red- it could work well with the WNYP logo.

#152447  by railwatcher

Minnesota Commercial #73 has arrived in her Monsterous form at WNYP's FALCONER shops. To be renumbered to WNYP #631. Lookin' good!