Railroad Forums 

• More East end customers on WNYP

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#129688  by railwatcher

Besides the added NS coal drags, local businesses are climbing aboard the rail shipper, WNYP. Coal drags averaging 100 + cars are running nearly three a day across what was weeds, trees and wash outs three years ago. Way to go WNYP!!!!!

From the Yahoo group messages:

The Team Track at Cuba is 210 ft from point of clearance to the end of track.
Three of the long BNSF refrigerator cars will not fit in the track.

It was necessary to pull two out today and place another load in.

The track is going to be extended soon to accommodate additional new business
at that location. Also another new track is going to be constructed in
Allegany County shortly for another new customer. That's all I can say about
the
issues at this time.

SMT
up:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 #130247  by Matt Langworthy

Any shippers in Wellsville?

#130382  by railwatcher

There are plenty to choose from I would hope they would come on board.
Companies like LC Whitford, Otis Eastern, Dresser Rand, Harris Supply, Shorts Oil, Joyce Pipeline, Current Controls, & Northern Lights candles could be sending or receiving from Wellsville. They could ship either equipment or product and cut trucking costs to just local deliveries.
 #137288  by railwatcher

As noted elsewhere, Mary Anne Parmley, owner of Covered Wagon Train Trucking company in Hornell will be moving its operation to Friendship NY which will include the installation of a transload facility at their new home on County Rd. 20, just off I-86 and the WNYP tracks, and near State route 19. Parmley sited close proximity to the railroad and interstate as to reasons to choose Friendship. Friendship also has an Empire Development Zone but it's fundings have come under fire in recent years state budgets. The business plans to add the transload facility to bolster business in trucking and rail.