Railroad Forums 

• Visit to Lakeville, 5/12/05

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#126564  by scottychaos

I had the chance to stop by Lakeville yesterday.
Ontario Midland RS11 #36 was doing a test-run out on the road!
she ran light up to Avon and back, I caught her just as she was returning!

the 2 susquehanna C430's are still sitting alongside the shops,
along with the 3 GBW C424's
(WNYP 430, LAL 427, 428, 429, and WNYP 433)
looks like none of them have been worked on lately.

#425 was sitting out back, not running.

went looking for the train out on the road, but didnt find it..
lots of new photos here!

http://www.railfan.net/railpix/submit/scotlawrence

Scot
Last edited by scottychaos on Fri May 13, 2005 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#126590  by Mike Stellpflug

OMID 36 was idling in front of the shops this morning.
Probably will head back to home rails soon.

NYSW 3000 was parked in the shed where they keep the road
power.

Chased the road train from Lakeville to West Rush.
Power was 421 - 420 - 424.

Mike S.

#126654  by Otto Vondrak

Nice pictures- looks like it was an excellent day in Rochester to be chasing trains. Sometimes the LAL road train is hard to find unless you report to Lakeville earling in the morning the same time the crew does- around 7:30 or 8 am. Sometimes the road train will head to Avon, do some switching, and set out cars for the Kraft plant on the Mount Morris branch. Then they could go switch the Kraft plant. Then the road train will head north to Henrietta. They'll tie down the train on the connector behind Ryder Trucks, then head down the old LV branch to the lumber yard and feed mill. After a lunch break, they could take the whole train to Genesee Junction and spend the rest of the afternoon over there before heading back to Lakeville...
 #127367  by railwatcher

Scot are all those units sitting in Lakeville ready to roll or are they waiting shop space for repairs. 425, 427, 428, 429 & 430 ETC.?????
 #127410  by scottychaos

railwatcher wrote:Scot are all those units sitting in Lakeville ready to roll or are they waiting shop space for repairs. 425, 427, 428, 429 & 430 ETC.?????
Greg,
those 5 units are *not* ready to roll,
they are all awaiting repairs so that they can be returned to service..
I dont know how much work they all need, im sure it varies a lot from unit to unit..
they have been there, out of service, several years..
but they are planned to be returned to servcive eventually..
Scot
 #128034  by Matt Langworthy

Otto, the LAL road train's schedule varies widely- I've seen it cross Jefferson Road at 8:30AM ,and I've seen it headed north into Henrietta at twilight on a winter evening. The crew can switch the Mortimer branch on the way in, or they they'll do it on the way out- which surprised me on my last 'fanning trip on 4/22.

From what I've read, #425 is the engine most likely to return to service soon- she needs some traction motor work. The others generally need alot more work to return to service.