Railroad Forums 

• Salamanca Rail Museum and WNYP Considering Excursions.

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#1121388  by map193

This came out in the Salamanca Press last Friday. Its not the full article, but it gives the basics.
The full article goes on to say that the WNYP is possibly considering excursions in 2013, and that
they are a possible source of revenue for both the railroad and it would benefit the Rail Museum as
well. It possibly mentions an excursion from Salamanca to Jamestown. If someone could let me know
who I would have to contact to get permission to post a full article on the boards, that way I could
post the clipping from the paper I would appreciate it. Here's the Link:
http://www.salamancapress.com/news/arti ... f887a.html
 #1121922  by umtrr-author

Yes, I see what was posted on the newspaper's website is tagged as "a partial article" with a reference back to the hard copy paper.

I think you summarized the points well. The only thing you didn't mention is that the museum isn't expecting any funding from the county in 2013, after getting $5000 last year.

Depending on price and schedule, I'd be interested in riding the excursion. Some of us are looking for an excuse to visit the museum anyway.
 #1123399  by map193

The article mentions that since Norfolk Southern stopped running daily coal trains through the area that WNYP is able to run a train with passengers on it. Lee Harkness mentions in an article in the Jamestown Post Journal that D.J.D.C. was in preliminary talks with numerous rail organizations to offer passenger excursions across the region. Hopefully this related news from these two different cities is a good thing.
http://www.post-journal.com/page/conten ... tions.html
 #1180823  by map193

I haven't seen any news about train rides from Salamanca in a while. What I do know is on the 11th WNYP is supposed to have rolling stock for National Train Day celebrations at the Jamestown train station. I believe Mr. Symans will be there with his 0-4-0 locomotive and there is supposed to be others there too according to the Jamestown Post-Journal.

In other news regarding the Southern Tier Extension and Norfolk Southern is that they have renewed their lease with STERA until 2030. This should be good news for the WNYP for years to come.