Railroad Forums 

• Bulkmatic Terminal Opens in Scranton, PA

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

#832137  by SemperFidelis

Bulkmatic has opened a new terminal along the DLRR to service bulk materials needs of the Marcellus Shale industry and the needs of other bulk materials shippers. The facility is located on a reclaimed culm dump behind the Lacakwanna County Recycling Center on Boulevard Avenue (kind of redundant name).

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=41.446 ... on%2C%20PA
 #834577  by SemperFidelis

I will be visiting the site tomorrow and will send some photos of it to your nepaview site (provided Bulk-Matic is okay with public photo posts).
 #836034  by SemperFidelis

Mike, I never got down to Bulkmatic due to a business breakthrough. I will get down there soon enough and I will send the photos.

If you can get aboard, Unimin is setting up their own transload operation at Taylor Yard.

When we send our first car from the midwest to Linde's place in Carbondale I'll let you know if you want to be there. It looks like we're going to be the first in with frac sand, so we might set up a little lunch or something to celebrate.