Railroad Forums 

• D-L Scranton yard

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

#878476  by Otto Vondrak

atsf sp wrote:And is it accesible to the public to get views or pics?
You might be able to get some pictures from an adjacent company's parking lot, but the yard and shops itself is not open to the public.

-otto-
 #879206  by SemperFidelis

The area to the north of the tracks (near the large, brick building) is private property and should not be trespassed upon.

The area to the south of the tracks has two roads that run directly to the engine shop and are thus easily (and lawfully) accessed.
 #880334  by Schuylkill Valley

I'm a volunteer at Steamtown NHS. back in September I took a ride down to see where their shops were located and I took thses photo's
Hope you enjoy,
Len.

ex PRR 2423 ex PC 2423 ex CR 2423 ex M-K 6101 ex NYLE 6101 ex PCHR 6101
Delaware Lackawanna & Western caboose

ex Wabash B905 ex N&W 3905 later 425 ex AE Co-Op 425 ex VILX 425
ex EL 2461 ex BCOL 811

ex SP&S 315 ex BN 4255 ex KYLE 4255 ex IHRC 4255 later 325 ex WOHO 325 ex CNUR 325 ex DL 325

ex N&W 351 and ex W&W 351
 #886154  by Luther Brefo

SemperFidelis wrote:The area to the north of the tracks (near the large, brick building) is private property and should not be trespassed upon.

The area to the south of the tracks has two roads that run directly to the engine shop and are thus easily (and lawfully) accessed.

Be careful with "accessing" the shop area simply because a road leads to it. The railroad is still off limits, the shops as part of the railroad is therefore off limits as well. Keep your distance and you will not be bothered but the average civilian has no business there. Be mindful, be respectful, and above all else be safe.
 #888171  by SemperFidelis

I meant to simply affirm that the roads are public property, not anything connected to the railroad or any of the surrounding businesses. I don't think anyone reasonable would have inferred lawful access to an engine servicing facility due to road access to that area.
 #901508  by atsf sp

#941027  by alcodoc

DL shop pulled the front truck today. New wheels should be installed by next week and she should be returned to service shortly.

Alcodoc