Railroad Forums 

• Falls Road Railroad operations

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

#598738  by Brian Seward

I was on my way to my research methods class at Brockport a few weeks ago and I finally got to see a train roll by (more like fly by). Would anyone happen to know the hours of operation for the Falls Road RR? I'd like to get a few shots of that train. :-)
 #598825  by NS59

The local from Lockport To Brockport and back usually runs Mon-Wed-Fri. I would guess it to be in the Brockport area in early afternoon.
 #598956  by Conrail4evr

Last I knew, it was around Noon to 2 PM, sometimes as early as 10 AM. I usually hang out over on Park Ave. and wait until I hear a horn.
 #599011  by dummy

the train is usually in brockport around noon, give or take an hour. and i think the bridge from the library to the brown building over the tracks would be the best place to watch trains from when on campus.
 #599464  by dummy

friday, nov 7th. 11 car train rolling into brockport at 12:50pm. 3 refer cars, 8 tankers. probably be in town an hour or two before heading back to lockport.