Railroad Forums 

• Falls Road Early Morning

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

#574217  by AJ1804

Does anyone know what whas going on up in the lockport yard at 3am this morning i heard alot of communication on my scanner from 3am to 1pm i thought is was the corn train in medina but im not certain

AJ
 #574711  by Nathan M3

Yes, that was another corn train. Actually the same train that went out on Friday 8/29 came back loaded much sooner than anyone expected.

We started at 3AM with the 2035 as the coaches from Sunday's Wine train were still on the main and had to be moved.

When we picked up the corn train the second unit was dead and would not start. So, we went to Medina with one SD60 for power. I had a lot of "fun" shoving that train around the wye and up into the Ethanol plant with just one working unit. We dumped corn until 2:45Pm, relief crew took over at 3PM , finished dumping and had the train back to CSX around 9PM.