Railroad Forums 

• Falls Road Corn Train

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

#566183  by AJ1804

I've been noticing a trend with the corn train its been comming in every 5-6 days is this just random or could it show up at anytime anywhere :-D
 #566340  by BR&P

Any time, yes. Anywhere, no - I doubt you'll see it in Brockport or Batavia. ;-)

Local corn (trucked in) has apparently been depleted and the new crop isn't in yet. So - more corn trains. :-D
 #614950  by NS59

Any news on grain trains? It seems its been a while since i heard one.
 #614957  by med-train

Farmers are trucking it in again. Many of them were able to get contracts last spring for winter delivery at a very good price and are delivering on those contracts.

This may be a slow winter when these contracts are filled. Most of the farmers don't like the current price being offered, about $3.80 per bushel, after paying premium prices for fuel, seed and fertilizer to get it planted and harvested.