Railroad Forums 

• Falls Rd Corn Train #4

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

#504238  by RailKevin

I found some info from the ehtynol plant thread.
agvter wrote:I just received an email from a friend and he told me that the first Falls Road RR grain train is to be ordered out of Hamler, Ohio sometime this evening or night>>Sunday December 9th, symbolized G-334- (09 ?) ...
I'm not sure if that means the train loaded at Hamler or if there was a crew/power change.

#504298  by med-train

It is my understanding that the first train was Ohio corn. Hamler is just a hamlet size town; however, it does have a fairly large grain elevator farm with a long siding where the cars could have been loaded.

Here is a Live Local map. No "Birds Eye View".
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&c ... Y0MjMzMDE=

The siding appears to be a link/connector to a former north-south railroad.

The ethanol goes out to fuel tank farms in places like Albany, Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore etc. It does not normally go to a refinery; however, it could be blended at a NJ refinery for local delivery near there. It is quite possible that some tankers have stopped in the Buffalo area.

#518824  by Nathan M3

No corn trains since Feb. 8. Local corn has been keeping plant going.