Railroad Forums 

• 1801 to depart Batavia

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

#469737  by TB Diamond

Recently was informed that the 1801, which presently is the GVT power at Batavia, will be replaced by a modified Alco S6 in the near future.

#469941  by TB Diamond

Recent photos received depict the S6 in brand new GVT colors, so it appears so.

#470119  by metman499

Correct, the S-6 will be heading out. Now that it has roller bearings it can go anywhere on the disconnected GVT system.

#470158  by Challenger3985

Not bad, but I will miss the 1801. However, I am not very fond of the paint scheme of it, so hopefully maybe they'll get her the nice GVT scheme.

Any word of where it will be going?

#470358  by NS59

The 1044 & 2035 left Bingamton last night on the 39T, should be in Buffalo by now.

#471397  by thebigham

I saw the two units at Bison Yard Friday afternoon.

#473520  by videobruce

The 2035 & the 1044 have both been at Frontier yard since around Monday Oct. 26. They are on the Diesel Spur which is sometimes visable from Old Braodway depending on far the cars in group one stick out.

#473670  by alcodoc

I might be on railroad retirement before they are delivered.

Alcodoc

#473687  by WNYP431

Yes....your friendly Class One's think it necessary to inspect them.........over.........and over........ and over.

CP inspected them in Scranton....NS had to, and now the CSX peeps are giving them the once over. You just may be drawing your pension.

Railroads can do everything.......but move things expeditiously. That's why they'll never be as great as they once were.

#474680  by Challenger3985

I went on the Santa Train yesterday and spoke to one of the conductors about the locomotives that were pulling the excursion (1802 and 1804). I asked him if 1804 was at the other end of the train and he said "yup". "We are supposed to be getting new ones on the line, but I'm not positive when."

I'm not sure what hes referring too, are they also replacing the RS11's on the FRRR too?

P.S: Santa ride was another huge hit this year (packed), I believe its going on for the next 2-3 weekends at 11am and 2pm departing Brockport, from park ave.

http://www.railroadmuseum.net/train_excursions.htm

#474701  by pablo

Not to be a wet blanket around here, but if it ain't intermodal, the Class 1's don't care, whether it's a car of plastic pellets or your S6. John's right...it's why the railroads may never approach greatness again.

Dave Becker

#475326  by med-train

Challenger3985 wrote:Santa ride was another huge hit this year (packed), I believe its going on for the next 2-3 weekends at 11am and 2pm departing Brockport, from park ave.
The Santa Trains will be running out of Medina to Lockport and return on the next 3 weekends. Brockport is a one weekend only event. Medina to Lockport includes the Museum admission.

#475484  by PVRX1

Ah, but they will have to travel back and forth to Selkirk at least once or twice before they get delivered. NOT as far fetched as it sounds in the real world !