Railroad Forums 

• Scrapping of parts engines

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

#668424  by NS59

The short nose of the #3603 is resting in the middle of the yard in Lockport,NY
 #671963  by ERIE 360

thebigham wrote:C425 #327 has been scrapped by the D-L.

Not quite... As of a couple weeks ago it was still sitting in the "parts units" line missing many components but not reduced to a pile of steel chunks. The 3603 seems to be the only one that can be considered actually scrapped at this time.
 #722504  by oibu

NS59 wrote:The short nose of the #3603 is resting in the middle of the yard in Lockport,NY
Is this all that is left of her?
 #722556  by scottychaos

oibu wrote:
NS59 wrote:The short nose of the #3603 is resting in the middle of the yard in Lockport,NY
Is this all that is left of her?
probably..
there is no longer any sign of the unit in the Gould industrial park in Depew, where she spent her last few years..
I have a contact at GVT..I will send out an email and ask..
its 97% likely the unit is scrapped, but I will try to confirm it so we know for sure..
(interesting that the nose was kept for some reason..I will ask about that too!)

Scot
 #723859  by scottychaos

From GVT,
3603 has been reduced to just the frame..
which is basically the same thing as fully scrapped..

the person I contacted doesn't know anything about the nose in Lockport yard..

I will remove her from the NY Alcos list..
http://gold.mylargescale.com/scottychaos/ny-alcos/

Scot
 #724320  by scottychaos

Alcophile wrote:That's odd, I saw the nose there in July.
im sure you did!
and its probably still there..
(next time I am out that way I will swing by and take a look)

Im just saying that the particular person I talked to doesnt know anything about it..
thats all..that doesnt mean its not there! ;)

Scot
 #725858  by thebigham

ERIE 360 wrote:

Not quite... As of a couple weeks ago it was still sitting in the "parts units" line missing many components but not reduced to a pile of steel chunks. The 3603 seems to be the only one that can be considered actually scrapped at this time.
Here's a picture of #327 from August:

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?200 ... 124424.jpg
 #861346  by toolmaker

thebigham wrote:
ERIE 360 wrote:

Here's a picture of #327 from August:

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?200 ... 124424.jpg
I was in the area today and can attest #327 is still there. With a prime mover in place. Possibly for off the ground storage.

-gary