Railroad Forums 

• New Customer DLRR

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

#1396134  by SemperFidelis

Just noticed today, whilst stopping to re-up my whiskey supply, that a customer has moved into the building along Green Ridge Street in Scranton that once housed a cardboard company. For a while, the tracks were blocked by a pile of debris, but apparently sometime in the not too distant past, a company moved in and is recieving boxcars.

Any idea of the company name? What they ship or recieve?
 #1396173  by SemperFidelis

Apparently Schoenberg Salt, already a rather active customer for the DLRR, bought the building and is taking advantage of rail service at the location.
 #1396712  by SemperFidelis

I've not seen a car at the Carbondale location in years. I think they may have just switched locations, though I can't say that definitively.