Railroad Forums 

• US Railcar

• Discussion about RDC's, "doodlebugs," gas-electrics, etc.
Discussion about RDC's, "doodlebugs," gas-electrics, etc.
 #1087396  by bigK

I just received an e mail newsletter from USRC

from the US Railcar site
The PRIIA 305 technical committee was formed by Amtrak under the Passenger Rail Investment and Improvement Act of 2008 (PRIIA). “Amtrak is tasked with establishing a Next Generation Corridor Equipment Pool Committee to design, develop specifications for, and procure standardized next-generation rail passenger equipment
with the above PRIIA 305 DMU spec finalized USRC DMUs will now qualify for federal funding

additionaly USRC has formed an alliance with RELCO to mfg. the railcars

USR has a number of diferent designs - much more than before - basicaly they will be making American std. Euro styled DMUs in various trainset configurations - of course unlike the bolted together maried trainsets of Europe these will be a consist with a loco/coach and unpowered coaches of various configurations

the new designs as per PRIIA305 will have 2X 770 HP diesel engines for a total of 1540 HP for 110 MPH svc.
here is the link to the new USR/RELCO designs
http://www.usrailcar.com/documents/USRa ... casDMU.pdf
 #1087496  by DutchRailnut

Their chance of succeeding is about same as Romney getting elected and Amtrak being non-funded.
 #1501263  by Dcell

Is US Railcar dead or alive. It’s web site is way out of date and I know Jolene Molitoris is now working for an Ohio public agency. I’m curious because I always liked the DMU concept from Colorado Railcars that US Railcar obtained.
 #1501333  by DutchRailnut

Dead as a doornail.
 #1501343  by Dcell

Thanks Dutch. Do you known if another firm bought or obtained their DMU proprietary design plans?
 #1501440  by DutchRailnut

nope and if they did they did nothing with it.