Railroad Forums 

• Monmouth-Ocean Counties, NJ

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#78984  by LBWaveDude

Does anyone have informations about trolley lines in Monmouth-Ocean counties. I'm only aware of trolley service around Long Branch. Any information at all is useful.
 #79256  by BaltOhio

Back in the 1977-80 period, Joseph F> Eid produced three self-published books covering all the trolley lines in this area. Specifically, these were:

"Trolleys to the Fountain" (Monmouth County Electric) - 1980

"Trolleys in the Coast Cities" (Coast Cities Ry.) - 1979

"Trolleys Across the Sand Dunes" (Point Pleasant Traction, etc.) - 1977

These are long out of print, and I suppose that Eid is also out of print by now, but the address shown on his books is: 589 Carroll Fox Rd., Brick, NJ. You could try him, and if you strike out, try a used railroad book dealer like Ron's Books. Goood luck.

#89318  by dukeoq

Dave
I seem to remember sending you information sometime back concerning this topic.
Are you the same person. Your sign-on name seems to be the same and so does your comment about living at the beach
If you are someone different, or if you have lost the information that I sent you, I would be only too happy to send you another copy.
I will need your address--other than the one at the beach.
My Email adress is in my profile.
JJ Earl
BERA

BTW: Branford is not THAT far from Long Branch.
Come up and see us sometime--maybe join.
We have members from NJ that you may hitch a ride with.
Sorry--we try to discourage any waves so that the surfing is not at all great.