Railroad Forums 

• Lehigh Valley Transit

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#4579  by Hostler

I vaguely remember the LVT as it ran through Bethlehem and Fountain Hill. I was a young boy when the trolley operation was stopped and replace with smelly, smokey buses. Although I lived in Plainfield at the time, my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins lived there. My family visited at least every other month. One of my grandmother's house was on Seneca St in Fountain Hill and all the trolleys between Allentown and South Bethlehem pasted by. Just a couple of doors down was a passing siding, occasionally the cars would meet there. During my pre-teens years I would spend a month during the summer there. I remember one year, the removal of street trackage of the Hellerstown line just up the street from my other grandmother's house. I also remember seeing them dismantle I belive the Nazareth Line which left the end of the route at Liberty Highand seeing cars stopped in the middle of the street. In recent years I still see some signs of the old lines, even some old support structures, but these are beginning to disappear as time passes.
______

Bob