Railroad Forums 

• Chicago & Southern/ Chicago & Interurban Traction

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#934770  by CarterB

Are there any remnants of the C&ST / C&IT? The power house in Monee?
From Bing maps N 41.41278 W 87.72322 it appears some ties? still in place between S Will Center and S Kuersten Rd?
 #938163  by Arby473

There is a fragment of the right-of-way visible in Harvey, Illinois along and west of IL Route 1 (Halsted St.).
Starting near 164th & Lathrop (41.59184,-87.641022), it runs southeast to Halsted St., then south along Halsted to 168th Pl. (41.583888,-87.636648). The raised roadbed is clearly visible for a few hundred feet where it runs between Halsted and Sherman Drive.
 #1098059  by Gooniorjr

I have the "Pictorial History of Crete" book from 1986. In it, is a picture on Exchange looking west at Columbia and can only see one track, but that was south of this area where it crossed Exchange street. As far as wide enough for two tracks on the bridge, i don't think so. It only looks wide enough to drive a large pick up through. If you look at the pic I posted, you can see the tracks left by BP (there is a substation south and west of this location) trucks.
 #1148483  by cnevel

Hello,

The only place that makes sense is south of monee on oak road.

The blue rectangle is the station, red line is the interurban, and the brown line is the bridge that must have been on Industrial going over the Illinois central and coming to a tee at oak road.

Regards,

Cnevel
Attachments:
(175.55 KiB) Downloaded 10852 times