Railroad Forums 

• Exeter, Hampton and Amesbury Electric Rwy,

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#341739  by truman

I'm looking for a DETAILED map of this system. Any ideas? A few years ago a resident of Hampton NH called a friend of mine (he's a welder too) he had been digging in his yard, landscaping, and uncovered about 100 feet of rail, not a track, but individual rails, and what appears to be a flange guide, and did he want it? (you're a welder, its steel, you could use it, just get it out of my yard) We know the line ran along this street, and wonder what else was there. We think there was a passing siding but can't find a system map with any detail.

#345026  by Leo Sullivan

I just looked at O.R. Cummings' Book about the EH&A and the map in the book is a simple line map. He usually provides a track map and in the case of the EH&A would have been in a good position to find one if possible
so, you'll be lucky to get an answer. However if you are in the town of Hampton, try the library first and then the town offices. The town must have granted locations and if they didn't throw them away, they are detailed. and they would have also had to approve any additional sidings etc. Kevin Farrell probably has the EH&A book in stock.
LS

#346252  by truman

Thanks, for this. I have the book thanks to Kevin but it lacks the detail I am looking for. I've heard the town still has the maps. Having the time to get there is another story. I've been told there WAS a siding at this location known as "White Church Siding", named for a nearby but long gone church.