Railroad Forums 

• West Penn Greensburg Passenger and Freight Station Plans

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#19541  by Ralph D Kautz

Does anyone know how I can get plans/blueprints of the West Penn Railways Greensburg Terminal both Passanger and Freight.I have tried the Pennsylvania Trolley Muesum in Washington Pa.but they do not have the Plans/Blueprints.If anyone could point me in the direction or knows where I can find them please contact me at [email protected].

#52046  by Otto Vondrak

Well... I know that the old passenger station is now Greensburg city hall... so the structure still exists. You might want to try the town archives, they might have drawings available.

-otto-

#52115  by Ralph D Kautz

Thanks for answering.I have tried to find the archives on the net,but so far no luck.I remember the station when it was a workig station first as West Penn Railways and later as a terminal for Greensburg city buses and Lincoln Coach Lines,In fact I rode the Lincoln Coach to Greensburg in 1962 to enlist in the navy and it stopped at the West Penn Station ,In fact except for traveling on Route 30 the Bus followed the route of the Trolley,It also picked up Passangers at the same location in Irwin Pa as the West Penn Cars had when they were running,GC Murphys 5&10 at 4th and Main streets.I guess that I'll have to keep trying but thank you for the suggestion,Dan