Railroad Forums 

• Question about Toronto A12 and A14 PCCs

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#1363375  by T6A5

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum, but not to the world of public transit, especially the PCC, which I have been interested in for many years. To start off with my posts on this forum I have a question about the former Toronto PCC classes A12 (ex Cleveland, nee Louisville) and A14 (ex Kansas City) all electrics.

Were the windshields on these cars 24 or 30 degrees? I've seen the pics of the 24 degree windshields on the nycsubway.org article "PCC: Not so Standard", but none of those images embodied the A12/14 body styles, and I'm afraid the difference is too subtle for my eyes. I've read many articles on the used TTC fleets but none of them specified the windshield sloping of these car types, only for the native A6/7/8s, which were 30 degrees.

Any information would be appreciated. Many thanks,

T6A5