Railroad Forums 

• A lost treasure found!

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#1283435  by 25Hz

I always heard about my grandma taking the trolley home from trenton to bristol in the 1930's. I finally found a photo with the calhoun street bridge (trenton-morrisville) with the trolley tracks and wire on it!!!!!

http://brianbutko.files.wordpress.com/2 ... .jpg?w=551" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've been looking for a photo like this for 8 years.

On top of this find, it is cool to think that this bridge turns 130 years old this october!!!
 #1289243  by JimBoylan

That's trolley track, bi directional on the South side of the bridge.
Was she able to ride through in the 1930s? Other accounts say that the through service stopped in the 1920s, and you had to change cars and companies at Pennsylvania Ave. & Bridge St., Morrisville. The last Bristol car ran about 1932, the Morisville cars stopped in 1934.