Railroad Forums 

• Artifacts and remnants of PSCT

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#21330  by cjvrr

I probably mentioned this one in a past post but the Lakeland Bus Lines garage is the former MCT trolley barn. I've heard rumors from people that there are still rails visible in the concrete but have no proof of that.
You are correct! The rails were still in the building as of 2002. One of my coworkers is a big traction buff and got a tour while doing some work adjacent to the building. I believe they use the same pits for servicing the buses that had been used for the trolleys. I will check with him when he gets back from vacation.

Chris

#22419  by Tri-State Tom

" Firstly is a building with the Public Service emblem on it on Valley Road in Montclair. Not sure what the building was used for but the emblem is clearly placed into the concrete. BTW if anyone wants to lend me a hand with a jackhammer maybe we could cut it down... "

My old stomping grounds Semper !

AIR, that building is where my mother and everyone else in town used to go to pay our bills once a month back in the 50's-60's.

It was just a stone's throw from the old trolley barn on Bloomfield Ave. I mentioned earlier in this thread.
 #934504  by CarterB

IIRC the Big Tree NJT bus garage off Washington Ave in Belleville (Nutley border) was quite a PSCT (and predecessor) trolley facility. Anyone been in there lately? Any artifacts from trolley car days?

Also, when PSCT took over the NJRT, did the Jewett cars operate on into Paterson? or stop short at the intersection with the River Line in what is now Elmwood Park?