• GE 95 ton switcher

• Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.
Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.

Moderators: MEC407, AMTK84

by dieselman

Does anyone know where we could find a full service manual for our 95 ton GE switcher, (B-B 190/190 4GE747)?
We have a manual for our 70 ton GE (B-B 160/160 4GE748), but electrical panel , traction motors & trucks are different.
We just aquired the 95 ton & are in the process of restoring it, so a manual would be very helpful.
Thanks! (Waterloo Central Railway).
  by MEC407

You might try eBay, but if you aren't able to locate anything there, you can contact GE Transportation and they might be able to help you: http://www.getransportation.com/contact-us.html
  by dieselman

Thankyou, We have submitted a request to GE transportation.
  by dieselman

Hello again. Still no response from GE transportation, so back to original request for manual.
Thanks. Carl @ Waterloo Central Railway.
  by Bright Star

Try Logan Corp. (GE shortline distributor) in NItro, WV.
  by Allen Hazen

(Sorry, I have nothing helpful to say: I hope Brightstar's suggestion is useful!)

Comment: I think I can understand the commercial reasons why GE doesn't want to deal directly with short lines, but it seems sad that the company that built 44 tonners and 70 tonners has felt the need to abandon its roots this way.