• South Buffalo Railway

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by FORD1997

Hi, Would anyone have or know where I could find a picture of a South Buffalo Railway 0-6-0 #2 Steam engine.
Thanks
Pat
  by nydepot

In the SB Railway book? Tons of photos.

Charles
  by FORD1997

nydepot wrote:In the SB Railway book? Tons of photos.

Charles
Hi Charles, Thank you, I don't have this book, Will have to see if I can find one. Pat
  by MP366

Try contacting Stephan Koenig, he edits the Empire State column for Railpace. He authored the book and his contact info is at the end of the column every month, he may be able to help you out.
  by Otto Vondrak

MP366 wrote:Try contacting Stephan Koenig, he edits the Empire State column for Railpace. He authored the book and his contact info is at the end of the column every month, he may be able to help you out.
http://www.newyorkrailroads.com/southbuffalo/
BOOK REVIEW - South Buffalo Railway, by Stephan M. Koenig. This is the story of a unique New York industrial short line. This eight-mile-long railroad served the greater Buffalo, NY area along the shores of Lake Erie. Serving the third-largest steel mill in America, it moved hundreds of thousands of tons of steel products for shipment all over the world. The book is extensively illustrated with photos of Lackawanna and Bethlehem Steel-owned railroad operations, including the mills own narrow gauge line. A complete steam and diesel roster is also included. This 120-page book contains great views of both steam and diesel operations. Book can be ordered direct from the author [$24.95, plus tax & shipping = $31.01 payable to author]: Stephan M. Koenig, 239 Crisfield Avenue, Cheektowaga, NY 14206-1957.
  by TB Diamond

SOUTH BUFFALO RAILWAY by Steven M. Koening is truly an excellent publication. However, it does not feature a photo of SB Rwy. 0-6-0 No. 2.
  by Aa3rt

I'm afraid I can't help you with a photo of the #2 either. However, if you're not aware of it, author Paul Pietrak has a number of vintage South Buffalo photos, including 0-6-0's numbered 4,5,16,20 & 26 here:

http://www.railfan.net/cgi-bin/trainthu ... ilpix/sbrr
  by FORD1997

Hi, Thanks all, Saw the photos of South Buffalo Railroad, seems they have all the pictures of the 0-6-0's except Engine No. 2 ?? Pat